The St.Angelo’s Fort is commonly known as Kannur fort (Kannur kotta) located 3km from the Kannur town. It is constructed along the shores of the Arabian Sea in the year 1505 by the Portuguese emperor.
The fort is built of eminent triangular laterite and the walls of the fort protect the inland from the heavy wave beats. The fort offers best panoramic view towards the sea. The constructional features of the fort includes aesthetic tunnel, laterite wall, canon, storage rooms and many more.